How to verify supplier invoices (EBM receipts)
HOW TO VERIFY SUPPLIER INVOICES (EBM RECEIPTS):
As per Rwanda Revenue Authority communicated on December 24th 2020 the required EBM usage in Rwanda will receive a much higher attention by the tax authorities up to the extent that a business expense might only be tax-deductible if a valid EBM receipt is available.
This post explains the steps to verify Each EBM receipt in order to ensure that a business can claim the input VAT on the purchase.
Steps to verify if the receipt is valid:
- Open link: https://ebm.rra.gov.rw/backoffice/Verificator
- Enter Receipt signature in SDC data section (at the bottom), if the receipt is registered, the remaining data fields are automatically filled-in and it shows that it is valid with the green tick (PIC1).
- If the receipt is not valid it shows a red cross (PIC2).
Possible reasons for invalid EBM receipts:
- Wrong receipt signature number entered/not-readable receipt signature
- Supplier uses EBMv1 system and doesn’t have airtime to synchronize with the RRA system
- Supplier has a technical issue with the EBM system and needs to unlock the system with RRA
- Get in touch with your supplier and communicate the issue
- Ensure the supplier corrects the issue as per indicated reasons above
- If the issue cannot be resolved get in touch via the RRA hotline 3004
For further questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org